Friday, December 9, 2011

The Key to Accommodations... Finally!

I find that one of the hardest things to explain as a special educator is how important accommodations are. Obviously accommodations are part of a student's individualized education plan (IEP) and must be followed, but this doesn't mean we follow them correctly! I've had many teachers create "short cuts" for accommodations that do not provide the same support for the students. After awhile I decided that a document was needed to help general education teachers and special education teachers understand what accommodations are out there and why we give them. This would be very helpful when making lessons plans or writing and IEP. I continue to add onto it as I have students with new disabilities, but my group has been so diverse that I have to say I might not be adding to this list for awhile. :-) Hope this helps anyone who has ever wished for something like this!

Accommodation Key Document

No comments:

Post a Comment